How can SF State Services help you?
Psychometrics is a field of study concerned with the theory and technique of psychological measurement. One part of the field is concerned with the objective measurement of skills and knowledge, abilities, attitudes, personality traits, and educational achievement. For example, some psychometric researchers have, thus far, concerned themselves with the construction and validation of assessment instruments such as questionnaires, tests, raters' judgments, and personality tests. Such tests include:
Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Assist with development of your cover letter and resume
- Review your pre-existing cover letters and resumes
Interview Skills Development
- Social and Speed Networking events
- Telephone Interview skills development
- Developing your interview techniques for face-to-face interviews
Job Search Skills Development
- Learn how to search for jobs online
There may not be much difference between personal and professional branding, but your professional brand is what matters to a potential employer, networking contact, or anyone who can help you find a job or grow your career. It's more than a case of making sure your personal brand reflects who are as a person. It's also making sure that the information available about you online is visible, available, and relevant to where you are in your career and where you want to go next.
- Linked In Account Development
- Utilizing Twitter to find a job and develop your expertise on the internet
- Dress for Success workshops
The Office of Career Services has developed a variety of career development workshops in a variety of subject matters. Please check out the "workshop" section of this website for more information and check out our calendar for upcoming workshops.
Career Events and On-campus Interview Opportunities
The Office of Career Services puts on several career fairs each year both in the fall and spring semesters. We also provide employers on-campus interview (OCI) opportunities to interview our students on our campus for both the employer and student's convenience.