Posting Jobs and Internships
Post Employment Opportunities
Career Services & Leadership Development (CSLD) seeks to connect your organization and opportunities with a diverse and talented pool of candidates from the SF State student and alumni community. Employers may create an account and utilize our online platform free of charge to find strongly qualified applicants.
Register for Handshake
Handshake is our NEW online platform which uses cutting edge technology to connect employers to SF State students. Use this platform to post job and internship opportunities, register for career events, advertise your events, and message students and alumni who meet your qualifications. Handshake helps you promote your brand effectively by allowing you to customize your profile, job postings, and events. Career Services & Leadership Development provides Handshake as a platform to help employers meet hiring needs for part-time, seasonal, summer, internship/co-op, and full-time employment opportunities.
You will need the following information:
- Company email address
- Company phone number (can be listed as private)
- Company physical address
- Company profile include logo, web address, and description
- Target majors
Go to Handshake
- Click the "Sign-up for an account" link on the bottom left of the panel
- Follow the step-by-step instructions provided by Handshake to register
- If you have a Handshake account already, you can login in your account and add San Francisco State University as a school. Learn more
Posting a Job/Internship:
- Once you are registered, click Post a Job and fill out the necessary information to complete the job posting.
- You will be able to post jobs and request events and interview schedules after your registration is approved.
- Please review our recruiting policies if needed. We reserve the right to decline postings that are not in the best interest of our students.
For any employers who have previously used GatorJOBS, the account will no longer be active. Data and job postings will not be transitioned over to Handshake. Please set up your new Handshake account to gain access to recruiting activities at SF State.
Organizations can post internship and co-op opportunities on Handshake. These can be paid or unpaid and part- or full-time. Please review our recruiting policies to ensure that your internship opportunity follows proper labor regulations.
Internship Wage Regulations
All unpaid internships posted with Career Services and Leadership Development must conform to wage regulations as outlined by the U.S. Dept. of Labor's Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Please review the Wage and Hour Division's six-point unpaid intern test to ensure that your internship program falls within federal standards.
Internships for Academic Credit
Many students are interested in earning academic credit during their internship or co-op. For a program to be eligible for academic credit, the employer/organization must work in conjunction with a faculty advisor to fulfill specific requirements established by the student's academic department. Often such a program involves little additional effort on the part of the employer. Consult directly with the Deans' or Chairs' offices of appropriate SF State College departments for more information. Some departments have designated internship advisors. You are encouraged to reach out to your department for the most up to date information on internship advisors. US Department of Labor Internship Programs FLSA