Fellows Program (PLFP)
About the Program
The goal of the SFSU President’s Leadership Fellows Program (PLFP) is to provide students with the ‘soft skills’ that national research has shown employers seek in job candidates. These skills complement the ‘hard skills’ one also needs to be competitive in today’s job market including resume and cover letter composition, interview skills, networking, etc. Students accepted to the PLFP take part in soft skills workshops focusing on leadership, teamwork, critical thinking, unconscious bias, emotional intelligence as well as sexual harassment in the workplace. Fellows learn to recognize their competencies and how to apply them in meaningful and relevant ways as they transition to job-readiness.
- Gain skills and confidence to achieve a competitive edge with employers
- Learn to articulate your value
- Develop your interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Enhance your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Improve upon and learn effective communication skills
- Recognize how to utilize your skills to your advantage
- Opportunity to network with peers, staff, and consultants
- The Fellows Program is open to currently enrolled junior-level, and senior-level students in the College of Business, College of Education, College of Ethnic Studies, College of Health and Social Sciences, College of Liberal and Creative Arts, and College of Science and Engineering.
- Attendance at all sessions is a strict requirement of the program.
- Space is limited. Only consider applying if you are fully committed and available to attend every session. Absences are cause for dismissal from the program.
- Fellows will meet at the Holloway campus on select Wednesdays from 12:15pm to 1:45pm.
- Attire is business casual; less formal than traditional business wear, but still intended to give a professional impression.
Spring 2018 PLFP Schedule (attendance is taken at each session)
- 2/21 – Orientation and Welcome Reception
- 2/28 – Emotional Intelligence
- 3/14 – Leadership Skills
- 3/28 – Unconscious Bias
- 4/11 – Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- 4/18 – Certificate ceremony, and Closing Reception
Contact Melanie Summers, Associate Director, Leadership Development: email@example.com.