Career Services is committed to the following student learning outcomes
- Career Planning – students develop the ability to identify suitable career options and to create a suitable career plan based on the utilization of the counseling process, assessment tools, and other resources provided by Career Services at SF State.
- Job Skills Writing – students develop the ability to write an effective resume, cover letters and CV’s.
- Interviewing – students develop skills in preparation for job interviews.
- Finding a Job – students develop the ability to identify and utilize various kinds of employment resources: career fairs, on-campus interviews, professional networking events, internships, and on-line job resources to effectively locate and apply for job opportunities.
- Gaining Work Experience – students will develop professional skills through internships, summer jobs, work-study programs and other employment opportunities.
- Social Media – students will develop their social media branding to effectively promote themselves and secure job placement.