Fellows Program (PLFP)
About the Program
The goal of the President’s Leadership Fellows Program (PLFP) is to provide students with soft skills in national research has shown employers seek in job candidates. These skills compliment the hard skills in which are needed in order to be competitive in today’s job market. PLFP includes resume and cover letter composition, interview skills, networking, and great opportunities for fellows. Students accepted to PLFP take part in workshops focusing on leadership, teamwork, critical thinking, unconscious bias, emotional intelligence, financial literacy and sexual harassment in the workplace. Fellows learn to recognize their expertise and how to apply what they have learned in meaningful and relevant ways as they transition into job-readiness.
- Learn to articulate your value
- Enhance your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Network with peers, staff, and consultants
- Develop your interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Expand and leverage your skills and confidence to gain competitive edge
- A Leader Development Certificate upon completion of the program to add value and differentiate your resume from all of the rest
- The Fellows Program is open to currently enrolled junior-level and senior-level students in the College of Business, College of Education, College of Ethnic Studies, College of Health & Social Sciences, College of Liberal & Creative Arts, and College of Science & Engineering.
- Completion of Fellows application for a designated semester.
President’s Leadership Fellows Program (PLFP) will consist of 7 sessions. Due to COVID-19 PLFP will only be offering the afternoon cohort. The afternoon cohort will meet from on select Wednesdays from 12:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. All sessions will be held via Zoom. Please, make sure to have your full name on your Zoom account for attendance purposes.
Fellows members must also complete the following two required assignments by the fourth session of the program:
Fully complete your Handshake profile for based on four key areas Education
- Work Experience
- My Journey
- Documents (Upload Recent Resume, Cover Letter or Curriculum Vitae)
- One assigned mock interview on CSLD’s online platform Big Interview
Spring 2021 PLFP Schedule
- 2/24/21 – Orientation - Orlando Harris & Joseph Adams
- 3/3/21 - Developing a Leader's Mindset - Dr. Jeannette Peralta
- 3/10/21 - The Art of Mentorship - Dr. Aaron Horn
- 3/17/21 - LinkedIn Workshop - Kyle Elliot
- 4/7/21 - Discovering Your Strength - Brandon Jacob
- 4/14/21 - Leadership skills- Knute Kallender
- 4/21/21 - How to Land an Internship - Jenna Rein-Zipf
- 4/28/21 - Certificate Ceremony - Orlando Harris & Joseph Adams
Applications will be sent to Junior and Senior level students to their SFSU email. If you do not receive an email, please click on the Apply Now link below.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 3rd
Questions? Please contact
Joseph Adams - Leadership Development & Outreach Specialist, Career Services & Leadership Development